My last message included the comment that the lack of superoxide dismutase
protective molecules found abnormal in some ALS patients should be
monitored in PD patients.
Further re-reading of UPF quarterly newsletters told me that Doctors Fink,
Horvitz, and Brown of Massachusetts General reported in November, 1993 that
superoxide dismutase is normal in all the 90 patients they checked.
I assume that their check measurement method was the same as used to find
the ALS patient's deficiency.
The possibility that the method or locus of injection into the mice where
good results were reported puts the superoxide dismutase where needed -
while some cause in PD patients keeps it from being effective - might be
worth investigating.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/