I stopped at my parents' home this week and told them about this great
information network I've disovered on the internet--YOU!  Was talking
to dad and asked if he's heard anything about some of the surgical
procedures (such as a pallidotomy) I keep reading about.  He hasn't and
would like more information.  So if anyone has some specific info,
please contact me:  [log in to unmask]

He vaguely recalled hearing about dome kind of experimental drug (an
injection given 3 or 4 times a year) through a hospital in Michigan
and would like any info available on that as well.  Sorry I can't
be more specific--he just didn't know anything else on it.

One thing I've noticed in most of the writings is that it seems a
majority of people with PD has tremors.  My father does not.  He
never did.  Instead, his body tightens and tightens as the day
goes by.  His other syptoms are similar--weakness, soft voice, mask
face, slowness, etc...  He also has times where his body freezes in
mid-motion.  Is this unusual?  Could it be something treatable differently
than PD?  Just curious.

                     Geri DeWitt ([log in to unmask])