Susan Reese wrote:
<<I am presenting a workshop on anger (Anger is NOT a Four Letter Word) at our
PD symposium this Saturday.  If you have written anything or have any helpful
hints or resources on the subject, I would love to hear from you.  If anyone
else has anything you would like me to use or to address in discussing this
often closeted emotion, let me know.  My areas of focus will probably be: 1)
Why is anger treated like a four letter word? 2)How do we recognize when
we're angry and what are we angry about--PDer's anger, CG's anger  3)What are
our fears in expressing our anger 4) Rules to follow in expressing anger to
others  5) Now that we know we have it, what do we do with it?>>

We are not responsible for what happens to us, but we are responsible for
how we choose to deal with events.  Humor helps us accept and deal with
anger.

The book, Bad Things Happen to Good People, deals with some of the aspects
of our response to beliefs about ill luck; if one believes that higher
powers decide our spiritual fate, the thought that punishment is visited
upon one can be difficult to deal with if this belief leads to anger at
unjust powers that be.  Feelings are not good or bad in the moral or
ethical sense.  What one does after experiencing the feeling is a moral or
ethical choice that can be good or evil.

I find the exercises of Dr. David Burns The Feeling Good Handbook excellent.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/