Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D. wrote:
<<There is at least one otc agent that provdides relief from superficial thigh
leg pain in PD (Dr.'S Cream, DABAT, P.O. Box 11783, Nashville, TN 37211.
Its active principle is capsaicin. Thoroughly wash any part of the body that
may have had contact with lotion. It produces a very but temporary burn-like
pain.>>

I am of the opinion that dystonic foot and leg cramps are not "superficial
thigh leg pain" for which capsaicin is touted.

I have gotten little or othing from tonic water, but some claim some
benefit from quinine sulfate.  The apparent removal from the shelves may
mean someone made a ruling that it is not efficacious.  I haave not
searched long, but did not find any info using three or four pharmacy pages
on the www.  If someone has pertinent info, I would welcome it.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/