My husband, 61, diagnosed in 84, retired last year.
He was, we thought, short of the requisite quarters
for social security (he had around 32).

He applied for disability classification with Social
Security.  We both get lost in the Social Security alphabet
soup.

However, with the help of my husband's niece we did get through
and she also made a job proposal for my husband with his
former employer that will enable him to get the necessary
quarters.  The niece had worked for social security for 20
years and now has set up a consulting business to help people
work through the maze.  She acts as his rep with Soc. Sec.

If you would like more info/contact, you could email me.

Mary M