 The "U Step" walker, as you describe it, is probably the same or similar to
one I purchased (about $300) in Palo Alto, CA this last summer. I found it
very useful and fun as well. It restored the mobility of my pelvis and legs
remarkably. Icould zoom down malls at 4 miles per hour, never knocking into
anyone. The walker mostly  libertated me from my aknasias and dyskinasias.
Then (late 1995) the negative aspects began to appear. When stiffness
severely involved my leg and calf muscles, so that I could only painfully
imitate a snail's rate of forward movement , the walker became much less
useful; attempts to break the pattern  of dystonia with the walker were
unsuccessful. This paralleled a shift from the walker to a wheel chair (and
then an electric wheel chair this February). I sometimes get the walker out
of the closet.... nostalgia for the past.... Obviously, the walker can be
most practical, and you may enjoy it the most if you are in a certain stage
of the disease.
        Try it! Enjoy it!!

        Steven Mayer

Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D.