In message <[log in to unmask]> Parkinson's Disease - Information
Exchange Network writes:
> I am interested in any help/info anyone can offer re. severe dystonia type
> cramping. my mother, who has been diagnosed with Parkinsons for 9 years,
> suffers everyday for prolonged periods from major muscle cramps, mainly up
> one side of her body. she takes sinemet  and
> sinemet CR and valium and Permax and Prozac. She has tried many variations
> on timing and medication but seems to be getting worse, and the pain is
> unbearable. Other people I know with PD don't seem to have this same
> situation. Any ideas? Feedback would be great. She feels life is not
> worthwhile and it is a most awful situation. thank you...

My wife, 76/10+, has severe facial/throat pain, which is probably due to
rigidity of the muscles of the jaw and throat. A muscle relaxant, Klonopin,
gives her some relief of this. It is also sleep-inducing so, when taken at
night, it generally gives her a good night's sleep.

 Good luck.    Bob Howard

Bob Howard, occasionally known formally as:
Robert B. Howard <[log in to unmask]>
1320 Wisconsin St.
Hudson, WI 54016
Voice phone (714) 386 3596