Hi, Ron --
>Some patients exaggerate their symptoms., others minimize them. Some do both at
>different times. Earlier in the course of my wife's PD, she put on a "really
>good show" every time we would go to her neurologist.

Perhaps your wife  also grew up as I did with the strong taboo against
"complaining".   After five  years of PD, and my showing my best side to my
neurologist in the 30 minutes a year that I see her, I realized  she will
need  much more information to know how to advise me at the inevitable
point when the sinemet's effectiveness will someday fizzle.  Other posts
like yours on the net helped bring this home to me.    I  put out a request
to the list asking how other people assembled  information, and received a
few responses, all of which were very helpful.

This is the "protocol" that I used:  For six fairly typical days, I  kept
records.  On paper I charted weight, blood pressure, bowels, menstrual
cycle, sleep, food, water, medications, and "alternative therapies" ( t'ai
chi, power walks, singing).  Then on a small tape recorder, I'd log in
every hour  or so to report very briefly on just three things:   movement,
pain and mood.  Without even having to replay the tape, I started to
recognize the patterns  of twisting vs. freezing and the windows of time
when  moving is "normal".   Just before meeting with  my neurologist, I
typed up a one-page profile of an "average" day.  She seemed to appreciate
it -- "you've saved me from asking all these questions" -- and included it
in my file.  I learned many things,  especially the limits to stoicism!

Mary Yost, 48, PD diag. '91,  recovering workaholic, miles to go  before I
sleep at least til  Udall passes