>Is there anyone who is trying it as a dopamine agonist?  My understanding is
>that the nicotine stimulation of dopamine that is described on p. 60 of lst
>week's Time magazine may be how NADH (N is for nicotinamide) works.

I have been using NADH since about the same time as Jeff Carper, who says
August which sounds right. I went on and off, up and  down for quite a while
before I was able to adjust my regular meds down far enough to be
comfortable after adding NADH. I am currently taking 10 mgs a day, am still
at about 60% of my pre-NADH dosage of sinemet. I sleep MUCH better than I
have for years, although I had an initial period of gruesome insomnia when
starting up. I noticed when I stopped the NADH once way back in the
beginning that a stiffness and jerkiness reappeared that I had actually
forgotten I used to have! (This short term memory loss is really paying off
for me!)

Last month I was contemplating increasing from 7.5 to 10 mgs, wondering
mainly if benefit might justify the cost (OUCH). I did my famous up and down
routine until I determined that on 10 mgs I achieved even better fluidity of
motion, and it allowed me to delay the first dose of sinemet an hour or two
many mornings. So I'm a 10mg-a-day gal now.

I believe the nicotinamide portion of NADH refers to some relationship to
vitamin B-3, and I'm certain it does not refer to nicotine. I have a friend
who is a pharmacist and I asked her if she had heard of it, and she acted
like I was a throwback to the middle ages and said every biology student
alive knew what NADH is...apparently it is an integral part of cell energy.

BTW, I was swarmed by bees when I was about 7 or 8 yrs old and bee sting
therapy will have to come a long way to catch my interest.

Be well,

Kathie Tollifson