Hi friends,

Surveying my local support group very informally, I found that
In 17 of 21 Parkinsonians I've talked to, diabetes occurs in a  sibling or
parent. That diabetes frequency is astounding....

Dopamine ultimately breaks down to adrenalin, which is insulin's inhibitor, I
 think....

So, my support group (Greater Portland, Maine) wonders what the GENETIC
explanation could be.
We're all curious to hear from other Parkinsonians.
Do other Parkinsonians  have diabetic siblings or parents?

I think there is a GENE which can  cause PD or diabetes, depending on what
other genetic factors are present.

Anyone doing genetic studies may find this link worth pursuing.  It could be
crucial to unlocking the still mysterious cause of Parkinson's!

from   Ivan Suzman, Portland, Maine ([log in to unmask])