 As my wife, Patsy, PD 11 years, and I live in Sunnyvale California,
 and our 29 year old son John lives in Virginia. He has ask me to help
 advertise the upcoming fund raiser for Parkinson in the Northern
 Virginia area.
 John went to a support group meeting a few weeks ago and kind of
 volunteered to help organize the May 4, 1996 Run for Hope and Fun-walk.
 They are looking for all forms of support: runners, walkers,
 volunteers, donations (money, food, prizes), corporate sponsors and
 good wishes to succeed in raising money and public awareness of PD.

 Here is the announcement:

                PARKINSON'S 5K RUN FOR HOPE AND FUN-WALK

     Saturday, May 4th, the 2nd Annual 5K Run for Hope and Fun-Walk
 is being held for the American Parkinson's Disease Association. The
 5K Run begins at 8:00 AM and the Fun-Walk beginning at 10:00 AM, at
 the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway,
 Fairfax, Virginia. Fee for run:  $15.00 postmarked by April 27, $18.00
 thereafter. All proceeds go to support research for a cure and local
 chapter activities. To receive run registration form or Fun-Walk pledge
 sheet, send self addressed stamped envelope to APDA, 3020 Hamaker Court,
 Suite 401, Fairfax, VA 22031 (703) 876-0836 or pick-up form at the
 Regency Sport and Health Clubs, 1800 Old Meadow Rd, McLean, VA 22102
 beginning March 5th.

 To volunteer or for more information on assisting in this important
 event, call Linda at 703 876 0836, or write her at the above
 address. Also you could e-mail John Niggley at [log in to unmask] .

 As we will be unable to make the Virginia event, we hope my wife
 is recovered enough from her total right hip replacement surgery
 that she will be able to participate in at least a 3-5K Fun-Walk
 here in California on that day in support of the Virginia effort.

 I know John will appreciate any assistance and/or encouragement you
 can give and we ALL know that the PD people appreciate all efforts
 to get visability and funding for PD Research.

 Thank you very much

 Chuck & Patsy Niggley     [log in to unmask]

Charles E. Niggley