I'm not an expert. I've read that those on eldepryl should not drink
alcohol. Eldepryl causes an increase in alcohol
feeling--drowsiness... The cold medicine you mention is Alka selter
PM. The PM probably means that there is an antihistimine in the
medication which also is not supposed to be taken with alcohol--due
to increased drowsiness and drunken feeling. The antihistimine makes
you drowsy and lets you sleep better at night. Perhaps the mixing of
antihistimine and eldepryl could explain the reaction your husband
felt.

take care
Deanna