At 10:49 AM 3/26/96 +0300, you wrote:
>Are there anyone who smokes?Once I read in a newspaper that smoking has
>a positive effect in PD.What do you think about this?
>Kivanc Torun
>M.E.T.U.Ankara
>Tel:2101298 Fax:2101411
>e mail:[log in to unmask]

Kivanc:

I'm sure RJR and Philip Morris (our major tobacco companies) had a
celebration party when that article was published.  It's probably the only
good press that they have had in the last 10 years.  My own advise would be
to avoid cigarettes and, if there is any truth to smoking providing a
positive effect (due to nicotine), use the nicotine gum instead.  It is also
my understanding that elevated carbon monoxide levels in the blood can cause
increased tremor.  But then again, I'm not an expert on this topic.

I smoke and wish I had never started the habit.

Stephen Duff