Hi.  In response to two topics being discussed:

1.  Smoking...I smoke and certainly do NOT recommend it to others.  IF
nicotine proves helpful to those of us with Parkinson's, there must be a
better way to deliver it than smoking cigarettes.

2.  Diabetes...There are many members of my family who have (had) diabetes.
My father's brother; my mother's sister; one of my three sisters; and
three of my four brothers are (were) 'pre-diabetic'...one of the three
died a year ago of lung cancer.  I was the only member of my family with
Parkinson's until an elderly uncle was diagnosed a while ago.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing