From: [log in to unmask] (Sheila Bonner)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 13:53:13 -0600

I am new to listserves.  I have tried to post several times but I was
sending my message to the wrong address.

My name is Sheila Bonner and I am a second grade teacher in Missouri.  My
mother in law was diagnosed last summer.  She was diagnosed by her family
doctor who put her in Sinemet but will not increase her medication.  She
often falls, has had blackouts, her speech is slurred and she can no longer
write.  I am very frustrated because I cannot understand her 50% of the
time.  I am trying to read as much as I can and educate myself so that I
can be an advocate for her.

I am interested in learning more about the symptoms of PD and other
diseases that have the same symptoms.  I am concerned she was misdiagnosed
since it was not her neurologist.  She also seems to be getting much worse
than better. How much does the medication help?

Sheila Bonner