My husband Jeff, 45/6, has been taking NADH since last August.Together with
Eldepryl, Amantadine, Permax (no Sinemet  yet) he is doing much better than
before. He has been on the Eldepryl and Permax since day 1 but added the
other two only since August. Before August he began being extremely tired,
the stiffness was considerably worse and overall his condition was
deteriorating quickly. Within 2-3 weeks of starting the Amantadine and NADH
the overwhelming fatigue was gone. Stiffness and tremor was noticably
better. Some would argue the Amantadine, some would argue the NADH is the
cause of his improvement. We feel the NADH should get more credit; our
'sense' is that the NADH has made the big difference but we have no way of
proving that. Studies are supposed to be starting at University of
Pittsburgh Medical Center and I believe a study was done at Harvard/Mass
General Hospital, the latter offering promise for NADH and PD.
There is quite a bit of information on NADH in the archives; NADH remains
controversial and in our own observations it seems to be more effective with
tremor, stiffness and fatigue than with falling and the other symptons of
PD. Our feeling that it is not for everyone but it does help some including
(Jeff) us.
There are others who subscribe to this list who are taking or have taken
NADH but have not previously spoken up: I hope all of you will answer
whether the result is positive or negative.
Jeff and I have wondered about the 'nicotin...' in the NADH name and it's
possible connection to nicotine in cigarettes since pd seems to occur much
less in smokers: it would seem to make sense but until studies are done it
is only conjecture.
Regards, Lisa Carper
P.S. I will privately forward some posts relating to NADH.