I have a friend who has a form of MS.
He gave up the fight a long time ago.
His wife has begun trying to find out what it will take to place him
in a nursing home. My wife was talking about him to a friend of hers
on the phone. I wandered into the bedroom and started crying, couldn't
stop. When my wife came in to ask what was wrong, all I ccould do was
keep crying. Part of it was i was sad for my friend, but mostly I was
scared. Is that what the future holds for me? Unable to care for
myself, unable to adapt, giving up when all options are exhausted,
beaten and alone? Maybe. But not today, nor tomorrow. I have something
that may get me in the end, maybe. But untill then, I will do as much
as I can for as long as I can. I may not be able to beat this, but I
can win.

Marvin
http://rampages.onramp.net/~mgiles/