> scared. Is that what the future holds for me? Unable to care for
> myself, unable to adapt, giving up when all options are exhausted,
> beaten and alone? Maybe. But not today, nor tomorrow. I have something
> that may get me in the end, maybe. But untill then, I will do as much
> as I can for as long as I can. I may not be able to beat this, but I
> can win.

Dear Marvin,

        I hope that this will be a word of comfort to you and to many
PD'ers out there.

        I've been a medical nurse for alot of years (trust me on this).
Although we have received many patients on our clinical division
specifically for placement in nursing homes, we seldom deal with PD
patients.

        M.S. is an entirely different disease from the one you have, and
it is altogether possible that you will become totally debilitated from
some other disease before you are disabled by P.D.
-----
Peace and joy
Mary Ann