Subject: RE: severe cramping

Deborah.... Years ago, before I actually'd been dx'd with PD, (You know the
MD's routine.. "You're too young for Parkinson's so there's nothing wrong with

you") I had terribly painful cramping on what my family called, "Barb's bad
side."  "Bad" meaning it seemed to have a life of it's own and that "life"
included awfully painful cramping.  Believe it or not, my dermatologist (not
knowing I had PD) suggested vitamin E for the cramps.  And I had outstanding
results with it. (Unfortunately, vitamin E  hasn't made me a better typist or
spelller!) <grinning>

I've followed the regimen below for about 10 years and the ONLY time I get any

cramping at all is if I forget to take the vitamin E even so much as one day..

Start with 2000 mgs vitamin E per day.... 1/2 in pm and 1/2 in am... for one
week.  IF cramps are lessened, but not stopped, continue on at this dosage for

another 2 weeks.  Then drop the daily dosage to 1600 mgs for one week.  If no
cramping after the week, drop the dosage once again to 1200 mgs. for one week.

 And if there's continued non-cramping, drop daily dose to 800 mgs.

I've stayed at 800 mg. of vitamin E for about 10 years, taken with lunch every

day.  Sometimes I've run out and having missed a day or two before getting to
the drug store to pick up more, the cramps DO come back.  SO this isn't a
"cure."   But if that happens, I just up the dosage to 1200 mgs. for a coupla
days and the cramps stop immediately.