On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, David Boots wrote:
...>
> The list above is not the definitive list for all PD-surfers (this phrase
> sounds more adventuresome and life-giving than the phrase "sufferers")

Thanks for the surfing image.  I've been looking for a way of visualizing
"being off" that was a little more positive than having one's nose
against a brick wall.  Surfers often get a good long ride without a great
deal of body movement; they also keep falling down, but get back on the
surfboard.  And they spend a lot of time just sitting watching and
waiting for the right wave.

Meanwhile here we're still waiting for the snow to melt.  Any research on
the negative psychological effects of long cold winters, when the whole
world is "off"?  Skiing or tobogganing should be a lot like surfing, but
right now I can't see them that way.

Frances