The following item appeared in the January 1996 posting of "Current
Science Reviews":

"Sandyk R: Int J Neur 1994;69:125-130 (from fall '95 APDA newsletter):
50% to 60% of PD patients have abnormal glucose tolerance (diabetes)
which may be aggravated by levodopa therapy, and may reduce the
efficacy of that therapy against PD symptoms. Author therefore
recommends that PD patients should be routinely screened for glucose
intolerance. (This also suggests that perhaps diabetes may predispose
to PD- J.R.B.)"

Since there have been so many recent postings here with questions
about PD and diabetes, I'm worried that my stuff either isn't getting
through, or isn't getting read. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks CA 91403