Hello to Everyone Wondering about Winnipeg (and Manitoba) Weather:

I am looking out my window at lots of lovely sky--very bright blue and not a
cloud in sight.  The temperature for today is supposed to reach +12 C.  The
"normal" for this date is +13 C.  There is only the slightest hint of wind.
As I walked back from the students' union building this morning I saw five
robins and several sparrows and juncoes.  I think I heard warblers, but I
didn't see them.  I did see a woodpecker on the weekend, and some Canada
geese.  I also saw brilliant crocuses (outdoors!!) and a couple of brave
tulips.

Yes, we did have a dreadful, depressing snowstorm on Thursday the 25th.  Over
20 cm of heavy, wet slush descended upon us.  It was so pathetic we couldn't
even laugh about it any more.  But it's GONE!!  Today it is definitely
SPRING!  The forecast is that it will continue to be warm (around 12 - 15
degrees) and sunny.  I suggest that those of you coming for Inkshed 13 wear a
light jacket with a sweater (or two) under it.  It may actually feel hot
around noon, especially if one goes walking, but the evenings will be cool
(or even cold...).  Waterproof footwear may be a good idea for those who plan
to explore the beach or the hiking trails.  A hat may be helpful if you plan
to go near the "water" as it is often very windy there.   Gloves and
sunglasses may strike some of you as a strange combination, but you may be
glad to have both.

I have put in a request for sunshine.  I've also ordered one full moon to
shine upon Lake Winnipeg Friday evening.  I expect the lake will still be
frozen over, but the moon has been very clear and bright the last few nights,
as has Venus.  (Amanda thinks the comet may be visible too).

And I believe the pool is INdoors!

Looking forward to seeing you Thursday afternoon.  For those of you who did
not receive a preliminary program, we expect that the bus will arrive at Gull
Harbour just before 6:00pm (we leave the airport at 3:30, and it's about a
two-hour trip, with a brief stop).  We will check in quickly, and have dinner
right away, with the introductory session (a holgram of Rick Coe?????) at
7:45.

Anyone who needs other details, please email me personally.  Thanks.

Pat Sadowy