On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Mary-Louise Craven wrote:

> Hi...For this year at least, wouldn't it be simpler just to keep the
> discussion on CASLL since we know that all CASLL members will be receiving
> email?
> I'm alos concerned about those Inkshedders who aren't on CASLL--let alone
> have Web access--I think  we agreed that no decision about who is on the
> final Canadian Caucus panel should be made till _Inkshed_ newsletter folks
> have a chance to submit to Roger.  (While Roger has to submit some names by
> the 19th of APril--and the newsletter won't be out by then, he can decide to
> add on names later--which is what happened this year...)
>
> If russ's proposal doesn't work (see below)--then we'll have two discussions
> going on--one on CASLL, and one on HyperNews.  And with all due respect,
> don't we want the CAnadian caucus panel to come from us, not from the pool of
> all CCCer folks who will be comunicating via HyperNews? (Or have I
> misunderstood how the CCCC97 discussion is going to be carried on via
> HyperNews?)

        I think there are two issues here, and I wasn't clear about them --
the presentation of material to the C's at large, and the discussion
about what will go on in the Canadian Caucus meeting next year.  Yes,
certainly, the Canadian Caucus discussion ought to go on where the most
people can participate.  That's not where HyperNews and the web are
involved, although there _is_ a HyperNews forum on the C's web site this
year for people to work on proposals for next year.  (I thought people
might want to avail themselves of this forum if they need to look around
for others to round out a panel.)

        The C's web site, though, will contain links to _other_ pages,
pages which have been developed by interest groups or other organizations
which want to be represented there.  I thought that CASLLers might want
to think about maybe creating a Canadian Caucus page (quite apart from
the meeting itself or any discussion about the meeting), or maybe a CASLL
page or an Inkshed page.  Any or all of those could be linked up to the
C's site.

        Hope this helps . . .

Marcy

Marcy Bauman