Those of you who were present at the last Inkshed Conference
may remember our panel on "Visual & Verbal Literacies."  Well,
we've had an opportunity, recently, to put some of the theory
discussed there to the practical test: with the help of 10
students here at UCC, another faculty member & I have constructed
a web site which, I think, begins to implement an integration
of the visual & the verbal.
Sponsored by the National Library (& funded by Industry Canada)
we've created a site designed to introduce high school & first-year
university students to the work & criticism of Earle Birney.  Earle's
Url is   http://www.cariboo.bc/ae/e_birney/home.htm

My students & I would welcome any feedback--suggestions, additions,
bouquets, ...

We look forward to hearing from you (& we hope that the new
resource--that will soon be linked to the SchoolNet network--
may be of use in some of your own classrooms).

Regards,  Will

                               ___________
| W.F. Garrett-Petts          | ._  ___________  English & Mod. Languages |
| [log in to unmask]         |._  |  +  =  o  | 900 College Drive        |
| fax 604/828-5086        __________________   | UCC,  Box 3010           |
| voice 604/828-5248     |                  |  : Kamloops, B.C. V2C 5N3