Okay, it's five days until I need to mail something to Urbana for next
year's CCCCs convention in Phoenix, and here's a summary of what I've
heard so far about a focus or topic.

Aviva Freedman suggested "Critical perspectives on Writing in the
Disciplines," and the just-ness or justice of kinds of WID practices.

Margret Proctor suggested that we look at the "conceptual underpinnings"
of writing instrotors and of WAC encouragers--are these practices just
and viable?

Brenton Faber suggested how our research has affedted writing in specific
places (workplaces, disciplines)/contexts.

Kevin Brooks could write about the history of writing in other
disciplines in Canada.

Here's what I'd like to suggest: we'll plan a forum or roundtable around the
topic of Writing in the Disciplines/WAC. I'd like to see a historical
foregrounding of our questioning of present practices and maybe even some
glances toward the future--where is this road going?  I'll try to write
an abstract based on what other people send me by or on Thursday the 18th.
People who want to present will need to send me a brief summary for page
2 of the program proposal. If you want to participate in this
forum/roundtable, please remember that you may not submit another
proposal for consideration.

Thanks,

Roger Graves