I protested this years ago.  I was told that the program is ready
late enough so that it would not reliably reach Canadians on time if
it were sent the regular way and that sending it a faster way would
be too expensive.  At the time, I responded (semi-seriously) by
suggesting that Canadians' conference fees should be reduced by
whatever it costs to send programs in the US (since we are paying for
but not receiving that service)--albeit this would be essentially a
symbolic gesture, for that cost was about $2-3 if memory serves.

But mail and courier costs have shifted radically since then.
Perhaps it is time for a renewed effort.  To be efffective, however,
we should begin by determining the current CCCC rationale and actual
costs involved.