Roger,
I would be interested in presenting something brief at a session that
offered a critical perspective on "writing in the disciplines."  I suppose
the relevant spin is the reflection on,
as well as questioning the "just"ness or justice of certain kinds of
writing in the disciplines.  (To this point, I have tended to look at the
classes I have been observing with a kind of awe at the complexity of what
has been achieved, and really marvelling at what students have learned.
ANd I still think we have to start by looking at what is really going on
-- and not just walking in and saying, "that's not how we do things in
ENglish."  Having said that, though, it seems to me that there is room and
time, after, to distinguish among the discipoinary scenes we view, and to
point to areas of lack of justness, when they just teach and just write.
        ANyone else?
        Aviva