Thank you, Amanda (and Sandy) for the weather updates.  I truly do
appreciate the information, here, even as I have difficulty interpreting
it . . .

> It's time to put Marcy--and everyone else--out of their misery!  After
> having spent almost 3 weeks in New England, where they _are_ having spring,
> I was wondering myself whether to throw the old parka into the trunk of
> the car on my drive up to Hekla.  But maybe not!  While there's still a
> bit of snow around from the recent big dump (which, sadly, I missed), the
> forecast this week is for sun and increasingly warmer temperatures.

        Define "warmer."  I mean, in the past week, I have walked around
in shorts and a t-shirt; today; I'm quite comfortable in long pants and a
sweatshirt.  Sandy said something about a light jacket for the daytime
and something more substantial for evening:  I was planning on bringing
my tasteful L.L. Bean three-season jacket, but will I also need my big
purple parka which makes me look like a California Raisin??  (I've
already determined that I'll prbably be happier if I dig out my winter
gloves, stowed away before the arrival of visitors last week.)

> would still bring a warmish jacket, and maybe even light gloves, but throwing
> a couple T-shirts into the suitcase (along with the bathing suit, of course)

        I find it incomprehensible to think of my bathing suit in the
same breath as my California Raisin Parka  . . . (and are we serious
about bathing suits, here?  There was a wonderful whirlpool in Calgary, I
recall, but Andrea and I hadda make a quick run to town for Whirlpool
Attire before we could use it . . . )

> probably won't call the wrath of the weather gods down on us.  But don't
> anybody bring shorts.  That'll guarantee a May blizzard.

        All right, I'll leave my shorts at home . . .

> >From your friendly forecaster. . . Amanda G-J

        Thanks much, Amanda (and Sandy) for the weather updates.  I'm not
trying to be obstreperous, but gee, fashion is SUCH an important part of
the Inkshed Experience . . .

Marcy

Marcy Bauman
Writing Program