A very curious adverse reaction has occurred in my husband because of
Ibuprofen (at least that is what we suspect).  I had reported to this
group that Jamie has been experiencing severe inflammatory joint pain of
unknown etiology.  Previously he had been prescribed Indocin to control
symptoms, but became dizzy on that med.  He was switched to Ibuprofen and
found his symptoms manageable.

When the joint inflammation re-occurred in January, Jamie immediately
began taking Ibuprofen.  We had seen the doctor several times, and he
concurred that we should maintain this med; he also warned that Jamie
should continue taking Ibuprofen after his severe symptoms had disappeared
and that under no circumstances should he end the med suddenly.

Over the past four weeks my husband began losing his functioning
ability, and once again was having sleeping problems.  We assumed that
his PD was getting worse.  But, when he developed severe weakness I began
to suspect the Ibuprofen, and suggested that he start weaning himself off
the med.  Within one week he is back to full functioning capacity, and he
is sleeping normally again.  Coincidence???  Hmmmmmm.
----
Good Passover, and Happy Easter
Mary Ann