I'm replying to the question about prozac as a medication for PD. Prozac
has, to my knowledge, no effect on PD or interaction with Sinemet except in
a round about way. Prozac is a tranquilizer of a relatively new classs.
Tranquilizers tend to induce strong reactions by patients and by critics
whose objectivitiy is frequently questionable. The media go wild, so that
neither provider nor patients obtain the benefit of objective results. Some
get better, some get worse, ans some get nothing, a good sign that someone
does not know what he (she) is talking about.
        Unfortunately, the best is to be patient and wait until good
evidence has been separated from the bad,and that may take months to years.
        Be skeptical of new, claims. It is safer to maintian a conservativce
approach, than it is to add another drug to what you're taking that may make
you worse. God luck, Steven Mayer  [log in to unmask]
>                    Steven E. Mayer; [log in to unmask]
>D.
>I was wondering if any one else has any experience with Prozac and PD.
>SM;s answer:  probably thousands with responses that range from the sublime
to the ridiculous. Tranquilizers are a witch's brew.
>Thanks

Steven E. Mayer, Ph.D.