> Some time ago, I was on Lasix (water pills) which of course you take with
> Potassium.
> to avoid leg cramps.
>
> I stopped the water pills but still have leg cramps and was wondering if
> anyone has taken or is taking straight Potassium pills (in addition to other
> meds) to stop or reduce thigh/leg/foot cramps.
>
> To me it sounds like it may help but I just wondered if anyone ever had the
> same thoughts.

Joyce,

        The reason you were on Potassium with Lasix was because that
electrolyte is depleted by the diuretic.  It is very important to inform
your physician that you haved continue to take Potassium without Lasix so
that your electrolytes can be checked frequently.  High blood Potassium
levels can be dangerous.
 -----
 Mary Ann