This second exercise is not as complex.
The mind is analogous to a lake. Thoughts flow into your mind but you
can never fully rid your mind of thoughts, just as you can never part
part water. If you push water out of the lake, it will flow back in.
It is always full. But what you can do, is not give energy to your
thoughts. What ideal meditation is, is ridding your mind of thoughts,
completely empting it. but as I mentioned before, this is almost
impossible (only real experienced gurus and such can come close to,
or even accomplish this task.) So, in a position that is comfortable
(for me, lying down). Try to just OBSERVE your mind, your thoughts,
your body, without giving it any energy (don't think of what you are
doing or observing.) Just watch what is happening. I sometimes focus
on my breathing. Just observing the sound, my chest as it inflates
and deflates, the rythm.  Sometimes I can feel ("see") my blood flow
through my body.

note: breathing properly: first fill your abdomon, then your chest.
Often we breathe only with our chests. The oxagen does not reach the
bottom of our lungs, we do not use its full capacity. by expanding
abdomon first, it allows air to flow into bottom of lung.

Please let me know if any one tries these out. Or what people think.

Thanks
Deanna