Hello All,

Thought I'd share this info with you.
My father teaches yoga and as far as I can remember, I have always
done yoga. There are two very simple meditation exercises that I
often do these as a power snooze during the day, or if I can't fall
asleep at night. Suraiya has been trying them out, as well as other
yoga excercises.

I hope this is something people are interested in. Trying to
contribute, everyone has given me and Suraiya so much

These two are meant just for relaxation and meditation. They are
both quite powerful. It is said, 15 min. of such exercise, when done
properly, is equivalent to 4 hours sleep.

1.  lie on your back arms and hands at your side. Begin at your feet.
(play relaxing music if you like, or whatever calms you). Tighten
your muscles just in your toes and feet (or consciously draw energy
into your feet) focus only on your feet. Breathe in. As you breathe
out relax your muscles and feel the energy flow out your toes--like
water. Ideally, just do this once but if it takes two tries that's
fine. Your feet should feel totally relaxed and limp. Move up to your
calves. Concentrate on your calves (to contract muscles pull down
through your heel, or just mentally, fill with energy), again,
breathe in slowly and as you slowly breathe out relax and feel all
the energy flow out down from your calves to your feet and out your
toes. Move up to your thighs, then abdomin, then chest. Each time
feeling the energy move down your body and out your toes. At this
point, start again at your fingers this time, repeat the same except
instead of out your toes, feel flow out your fingers.  then move up to
your elbow, then your shoulders, each time all the energy flowing out
your fingers. Once you reach your shoulders, go to your
neck, but return focus on letting the energy flow down your body and out
through your toes again. Do the same with your face, relax
completely, your mouth will drop open and your forehead will become
smooth. Remember, as you work your way up the body, you are only
focusing on ONE part at a time and finish each part completely down
your body and out your toes. (when doing arms, energy flows out the
fingers).

I will send another message with part 2, the other exercise. In yoga,
it does matter that it is done properly, which means to the extent to
what you can do, it gets easier everytime you do it. So for the first
time, it is most benefitial for you to do it the best you can. That
is all that matters, that is properly, and that is what counts.