Let's be clear on Depression as a clear side effect verses being depressed at
having Parkinsons.  The later probably ought not to be treated with drugs,
unless serious.  However, if your Mother suffers depression as a side effect,
an anti depressant is certainly not extreme therapyl

When I'm off my anti-depressant, I'm feel that life is not worth living, and
those around me feel the same also.  My depression is so bad, I actually feel
painfully naseous.  Over the years, I've taken Prozac, Paxcil, and now
Serzone.  Wouldn't do without one of them.  I'm favoring Serzone because for
me, the side effects of the first two (Insomnia & Very Low Libido) interfered
with the "Normalcy" of my life.