On Apr 01, 1996 00:00:01, 'Automatic digest processor

HI----Slow day, so will give my story and views.

      Age 61, diagnosed 7 yrs or so ago.  wife is dr. of nursing so we saw
4 count them 4 neurologists.
      Started immediately on Eldepryl, which had just been approved, plus
vitamin E (800 to 1000) AND NOTHING ELSE.
Deprenyl , I reckon, has been VERY succesful in slowing PD.
      Now it is getting a bit tougher,   daily night cramps., a little
shuffling, feeling spaced out, hard getting out of chairs, cars, or sofas,
picking up one of 5 grandchildren at a time getting hard,
 but what the heck, it's the age also.
      Am so happy never took all those permax,simekm.etc. with
their side effects  I  fully intend not to take any until I am in real deep
trouble. As it is I take procardia (10 yrs) for blood pressure, and Zocor
the wonder pill for cholesterol......the vitamin E  must be doing
something........and when  I must compete in a tennis match with a pro.
slowness is forgotton, cramps are ignored,
so mental attitude must be a big  factor.
   must go,,, am on the internet 6 hours daily,  Away from my
business now run by my sons,  I  have just built up for them a
new  enterprise ,working at home , serviced solely on the Web.
   and a year ago, i did'nt know how to turn on computer.
        as they all say, keep busy, you'll forget pd for a while.
am now writing weekly newspaper column, and am surprised
how quickly doctors put newly diagnosed patients on l-dopa.
bst rgds  from don bernardo