Hi. I'm writing on behalf of my mother (62, 20yrs) and her caregiver.

I've been "lurking" for about 3 weeks now, and Mom and I have really enjoyed
the postings. (I've been collecting the more interesting ones and mailing
Mom a packet every week.)  I've responded to a few of you individually
(directly to e-mail addresses), but this time I've finally got up the
courage to actually POST a message.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Question from Mom:
Mom's main problem is "freezing" during her off times.  During these times,
she finds that she can sometimes accomplish small tasks (walking across the
room, for example) with a great expenditure of time and effort OR she can
sit back and wait until her medicine kicks in and get a lot more done with
less effort.

The question is: << Is it better to rest up and wait for the medicine (it's
certainly more comfortable) or is there some benefit in fighting the brady-
and akinesias ? >>

Question from Mom's primary CG:
Has anyone had any experience with a product called Barleygreen, especially
in connection with PD?
(Apparently Barleygreen is an alternative / nutritional-supplement thing.
Mom's used it off and on, and her CG thinks it helps her.)

That's all I have for now. Our thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Doug McCorkle