Hi:

I wonder if anyone else has tried the herb Ginkgo to relieve some of the
side effects of Permax.  Permax (although I am on a very mild dose) was
making my limbs very cold, leaving me confused and depressing my mood.  My
MD said that the cold limbs resulted from Permax's tendency to constrict
blood vessels.  I noticed in a herbal book that Gingko dilates blood vessels
and improves circulation so I decided to give it a try.

Maybe its my imagination, but 4 weeks later ALL of the side effects have
been noticably reduced.  Maybe I'm coincidentally going through a "good"
phase.  I can't tell for sure since I'm still new at this.  But those of you
suffering these side effects may want to try Gingko.  I bought it in capsule
form at a local nutrition center.  The bottle says that it takes a few weeks
to kick in, so be patient (no pun intended).

Incidentally, I am on Permax and Eldepryl.  Also I've added B6 for color.
Actually I remember reading somewhere that B6 sometimes helps other vitamins
and supplements to work better.

                Ron Reiner 48 + 7mos PD and counting ([log in to unmask])