     Somewhere between 8.15 P.M. and 9.15 P.M. my wife experiences gut
wrenching dyskensia for 15 minutes to half and hour. She had much longer
shaking periods until we finally found a pill regime that would keep the
time to a minimum.

     This situation is not unusual.  In the "Algorithm for Managing
Parkinson's Disease" they have this  to say "After the last dose, however,
patients will cycle through the dyskinetic phase but at a relatively
predictable time. Thus they can arrange to be at home and perhaps self
administer a mild, short acting tranquilizer such as alprazolm...." (We want
stay away from tranquilizers if at all possible)

     For the first 16 years she did not have any appreciable problems in the
evening.  It is really only in the last two and a half years that the
dyskensias became so bad. It breaks my heart to see her going through such
agony.

     This is her present regime:8:30 AM Sinemet CR,10:30 AM 0.25*25/100 reg
sinemet 2.5 mg deprenyl,12.30PM Sinemet CR,3:30PM Sinemet CR, 6:30PM
0.5*25/100 reg sinemet,8:30PM 0.25*25/100 reg sinemet.

     My wife is at the stage where the dopamine in her brain tracks the
levadopa in here bloodstream quite closely.

     Since this is a common phenomena, someone somewhere must have done some
research on trying to beat this aspect of Parkinsons.

     So what I am asking is for help in finding papers involving research on
this aspect of Parkinsons (or maybe one of the members of the list has
already found the answer.)

       From Robert Naylor CG for Olive Naylor (Age 73, PD19 yrs)--