Jim,

Just for the record, Missouri now has two reps out of 9: Bill Clay and
Harold Volkmer, both from the eastern sector.  Kansas City needs to get
busy on their end of the state.  I have a friend there who's been in
touch with his rep, Pat Danner, but so far nothing but polite non-commitment.

I would love to see you all at the Forum this year, but it's my last
month at work before retiring and I don't think I can get away right
now.  I do plan to badger Ashcroft when he's home, though,  and would
love any information (ammunition?) you and PAN can send my way, so I
don't just keep repeating the same old stuff.  Actually, what I'd REALLY
love would be for you to come with me to his office sometime when you and
Deborah are visiting relatives in MO. Her local ties might be enough to
give you folks credibility with him, and you do seem to have the magic
touch when it comes to lobbying.  If that won't work out, maybe you can
visit him in Washington, and we can launch a two-pronged attack!

Pat Schark