David Boots wrote:

> Picked up refills today at Kaiser Hospital here in Santa Rosa, CA
>
> 100 tablets: Sinemet CR 50/200
> retail price: $122.90
> my price: $5
>
> 300 tablets: Sinemet 25/100
> retail price: $172.00
> my price: $15
>
> 200 tablets: Eldepryl 5 mg
> retail price: $350.95
> my price: $20
>
> My coverage saved me $605.85
>
> What do others pay?

Believe it or not, my dad who lives in Florida pays about $620. He has
to rely mainly on Medicare/Medicaid and a co-insurance policy he buys to
get back some of the Medicare deductible.  The monthly payment for
Sinemet alone is breaking their savings.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.  I should
note that for years I have tried to get my dad enrolled in a HMO that
would cover his drug costs.  He has adamatly refused and constantly
cites all the bad experiences of his friends (although he has had his
own share of uncaring, unfeeling fee-for-service neurologists).  He is
72 years old and has been diagnosed with PD for 15 years.

Thanks.

Mark Lyte