In answer to  Barbara Paterson and Rosemary Russell, I have found a wonderful
substance to help with energy/fatigue - it's a natural enzyme called CoQ10 -
you can buy it any healthfood store or through the mail. I just took it by
accident, having read a holistic journal describing this "miracle" substance.
(It has been proven effective agaiinst beast cancer and heart disease)  It's
made an amazing difference to me. First of all, it gives me much more energy
(I can now jog 2 miles and U've had PD for 19 years!) It also helped some of
my smptoms = my "offs" weren't so bad, my walking  became normal when I was
"on" - i had less bloating in my stomach from permax - and in general, i felt
better and looked better according to my friends. Some of the doctors around
here know there is something to this - a study is being done at Mass.
General. According to my doctor, they know that it helps , but theydon't know
why. I was sent an article from the "Journal of Experimental Neurology" (I
think that's the title) confirming this view on CoQ10 and alsos saying that
if you combine it with nicotinmide, the results are even better. I think
thatis true from my own experience. Another holistic  substance I take is
Gingko . It's supposed to help the brain, somehow, and I have found that my
head is much clearer since I've been taking it - I used to have much more
trouble remembering things, following the courseof an argument, etc. but
Ithink it must be the gingkothat 's made the difference.  i also to used to
have a problem with anxiety which cme in connection with my sinemet dose. One
of the first signs i had of wearing off was anxiety "pains" in my chest -as
soon as the next dose took effect, anxiety gone. I now take Kava kava (from a
plant in the south seas) which is supposed to relax you and make you feel
good - and I think it does! The anxiety is all gone! Ayway, try these ideas
if you feel like it -and good luck! Anne King ([log in to unmask])