> My name is Rosemary Russell & I am a new member.

Rosemary
Welcome. Although I'm a few thousand miles away I really felt your concerns:
family grown up, successful studies, exciting career and new life opening up in
front of you. And then someone says "Parkinson's Disease !! I am no PD expert
and if you keep in contact via this list you will know that every sufferer is
unique but I am sure that keeping active, physically (and mentally) is
important. I stopped playing squash and now it's too easy to fall back on PD;
the tremor in my right arm may be getting worse but the exercise kept the arm
feeling stronger.
>From your brief intro you sound like a fighter, so keep fighting for yourself
and your career.
Best wishes
Bob Hills (40/4)
Leeds, England

"Ultimately more complex than any machine ever invented, the brain is the
essence of what makes us human. Its blood vessels nourish three pounds of
delicate tissue. Its billions of cells mysteriously regulate the body, learn
from a lifetime of experiences, and summon the memories and thoughts unique to
all of us,"
Joel Swerdlow, National Geographic, June 1995.