Everyone:
I'm new to the list and not sure if this will even get mailed, but here goes.

I am 46 year old.  I have had a neurological problem that started when I turned 40 and
it has been progressively getting worse and better at varying rates.  The first
indication that I was having a problem occurred 6-1/2 years ago.  The symptom was a
pulling or a tightness in the middle and ring finger of my right hand.  This symptom
was followed rather quickly (over a 3 month span) by muscle tightness in the muscles
of my right arm and leg.  Then I lost the ability to write with my right hand and I
started getting tremors on the right side.  Over the last 6 years I have had many up
and down periods where I felt that I was getting better then I thought maybe things
were getting worse.  Over the last 3 months I am sure things are suddenly getting
worse as the tightness is starting in the fingers of my left hand and the tremors are
occasionally becoming uncontrollable.

I have been diagnosed as having Parkinson’s disease by several doctors and treated
accordingly.  I have not responded to any drugs (Sinemet, Pergoloid, Eldypryl, etc.)
that would support this diagnosis until recently.  Just started takinig Artane and I
get some relief from the tremors but it's not a night and day differance. Furthermore,
though I can not cite specific reasons, when I have read books and articles about
Parkinson’s disease symptoms and it’s progression, things just do not seem to ring
true. This may be wishfull thinking on my part but then the alternatives seem a whole
lot worse , Shy Dagers etc.

Has anybody had a simular progression?  What can I expect in the future?

Any information would be appreciated.

[...]

accordingly.  I have not responded to any drugs that would support this diagnosis
until recently.  Just started takinig Artane and I get some relief from the tremors
but it's not a night and day differance.  Furthermore, though I can not cite specific
reasons, when I have read books and articles about Parkinson’s disease symptoms and
it’s progression, things just do not seem to ring true. This may be wishfull thinking
on my part but then the alternatives seem a whole lot worse , Shy Dagers etc.

Has anybody had a simular progression?  What can I expect in the future?

>From my non-medical point of view I suspect there is a link between my illness and the
replacement of 12 mercury fillings that occured just prior to the onset of my
problems.  Also suspect is the the fact I was under a lot of stress because of new job,
drinking nightly Manhattans?  What would be the by-products of the mixing of mercury
filling residue and the abundant alcohol in the drink?  What would they do to the body?

Also around the start of the symptoms I suddenly became allergic to Mennen underarm
deoderant?  A red puffy oily area developed under my right arm and the right side
groin area.  I have always wondered what was the significance? An infection?

Does there appear to be any similarities for anyone else?

I have explored several alternative medical approaches, as well as alternative healing
books with no significant success.  The one alternative I would like try is
Traditional Chineese Medicine but there is no practioner in my area.  Does anybody out
there have experince with this? Positive or negative?

I hope I haven't gone on to long.

Any information would be appreciated.