Hi Marlene,

I was just cruising through some old mail and picked up your message,
which I missed seeing the first time around.

I see that you didn't get much of a response to your inquiry about
estrogen and pd.  I suspect it's because no studies have been done and no
one knows much about it.  I've been taking premarin for 7 years, but of
course I have no idea if I'd be better or worse without it - or whether
it would have any effect at all.

I've been seeing a holistic doctor who has me on a regimen of supplements
and a special diet designed to rid my body of aluminum and toxic levels
of copper.  As part of this, she'd like me to stop taking synthetic
hormones and use instead a natural estrogen cream which is applied
directly through the skin.  Seems the pills have copper in them.  I
haven't run this by my internist yet.  I also have to break the news to
him that she's weaned me off maxside for blood pressure (they have
aluminum) and my blood pressure is the lowest it's ever been!  Maybe
there is something to this after all.  I'll keep you posted on my
response to the cream if I start using it.

Along with this, June Sweeney gave me an exciting report at the last
support group meeting.  It was a copy of an interview with a woman who is
the first documented case of someone who's been able to stop taking
sinemet.  She did it through diet, supplements, and liquid deprenyl
citrate, and she's doing very well.  Right now 300 others are trying to
cuplicate her success, and when I ever finish my present regimen, I'd
like to try it too.

I'd be interested in any info you get on estrogen.  Hope to see you at
the next meeting.  The group is thinning out and not very lively these
days.  I think we're all slowing down.

Regards

Pat