> My father also has a 20-25 year history of high blood pressure problems
> and heart arrhythmias.  His cardiologist currently prescribes Hytrin, 5
> mg., and Nadolol (corguard (?) generic), 40 mg, both of which he takes
> in the morning.
>
> When he begin Eldepryl last year, his neurologist wanted him to go off
> the blood presssure meds, but the cardiologist wanted him on them
> because of the arrhythmia.  They conferred by telephone and the
> cardiologist prevailed.

Been there.  Corguard is a long acting beta-blocker.  Ask the
Cardiologist if it is possible for your father to be on a shorter acting
beta-blocker.  Corguard played havoc with my husband's PD, causing him
extreme fatigue and ridgity.  He is now taking Lopressor with excellent
results.  I'm not suggesting any particular med for your Dad, but there
are alternatives that might be more compatible with your father's
particular needs.
-----
Mary Ann