 To Phyllis Riely and list members:
prednisone at least twice, both times for chest congestion due to a flu'
or viral infection which resulted in asthmatic-like symptoms which seemed
to respond only to the prednisone.  I noticed an increased feeling of
well-being while on
the prednisone -- stronger, increased
appetite, more energetic, and I slept better at night.  Going off the
prednisone was another matter -- even tho' I "tapered" the dose down, I
experience fatigue, headache, nausea.  This occured both times, and was
an expected reaction.
      At that time I was taking one
half pill sinemet 100/25 every 3 hours (total 300 mgs a day),
accompanied by permax 1 mg (total dose 4.0 mg daily) and tolcapone (200
mg every 6 six hours).  I am 49 years old, and was diagnosed in 1988, but
experienced symptoms several years prior to diagnosis.
     Hope this helps.  I have been "lurking" on this list for some time
-- and finally have a chance to contribute.
        Sharon Shell([log in to unmask])