Date:    Sat, 6 Apr 1996 06:33:56 -0500
From:    Patrik Brundin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Where are grafting trials performed?

>The only Fetal Tissue Transplant program in America is being conducted under
>the protocol written by DR. STANLEY FAHN  at  Colombua Pres. Hospital in NYC
>... Sweden, France, Italy and Spain  will not do
>foreigners.   However, there is a neurosurgeon in Belguim who is finishing
>his government test program shortly

There is also a NIH funded clinical transpantation program ongoing in
Tampa, Florida. In addition there may be transplantation trials ongoing
in
private hospitals, eg Good Samaritan, LA.

I beleive there is still an active transplantation program in Halifax,
Canada.

In Europe, there is an active collaboration between Lund, Sweden and a
two
other European countries. Ongoing programs are also availbale in
France,
Belgium and at least one more European country, but not, to my
knowledge,
in Italy.

Sincerely,
Patrik Brundin MD PhD
Lund, Sweden

------------------------------
Chuck et al

Regarding the above,  there is a 36 pt. double blind study underway
funded by NIH.  The principal investigators are Olanow at Mt. Sinai in
New York and Christopher Goetz in Chicago (Rush Presbyterian).  The
surgeon is Dr. Tom Freeman University of South Florida  in Tampa.  He
only does the surgery and is not involved in the choice or evaluation
of the subjects (in order to maintain the blind nature of the
experiment.  If you are interested you would be best off to contact Dr.
Goetz or Dr. Olanow depending on where you live.

Charlie