Hi! my name is Jeanne Deuschle and I am writing for my husband Kurt, who=20
is 73yr. and has had PD for 12 yrs..  Although Kurt has many of the most=20
common PD symptoms, tremor etc. they are relatively mild when compared to=
=20
the significant problems he has with autonomic nervous system dysfunction=
=20
(manifest by orthostatic hypotension and a neurogenic bladder) and=20
cognitive changes (attributable primarily to years of sinemet and eldepryl)=
.
Kurt is on 650mg. daily of sinemet and has been off eldrpryl for the past=
=20
two years, He has been on a "heavy duty" neuroleptic(closapine) for the=20
past year.  This drug has significantly helped the cognitive problems but=
=20

has its own side effects(great drowsiness,lowers BP ,severe=20
constipation). The drug also requires a weekly blood count.
We would love to hear from anyone who has experienced similar problems

                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
                                                                         =
=20
            =20

 AT&FE1L1V1&C1&D2S0=3D0S7=3D90 m mmAT&FE1L1V1&C1&D2S0=3D0S7=3D90 =FBs=DDd=
=E3
=E6=FBAI=BAv=BF

and learn how others have coped=20
.  We are very optimistic and hope and pray for a "cure" before too long!

It is a good feeling to know that there are others who are simpatico to=20
our PD trials and tribulations

=20

 Hi! My name is Jeanne Deuschle, and I am writing for my husband Kurt
who is 73yr. and has had Parkinson's for 12 yrs.  He is on 650mg. of=20
Sinemet daily ..off deprenyl now. Although Kurt has some of the common
PD symptoms of tremor,etc. they are mild when compared to his more=20
difficult problems... autonomic nervous system dysfunction (manifest by=20
orthostatic hypotension and a neurogenic bladder) and cognitive changes.
His cognitive problems have developed over the past two years or so. Kurt=
=20
is now on Closapine, a "heavy duty" neuroleptic drug. The drug has helped=
=20
greatly...but has many side  effects to deal with such as lowering=20
BP,terrific drowsiness,and severe constipation.  The cognitive problems=20
are drug related..years of sinemet and eldepryl! We continue to "hang in=20
there" and are hoping and praying for a cure. We would love to hear from=20
anyone who has had experience with these kinds of problems and learn how=20
they are coping.

It is wonderful to have a "simpatico" group of people to reach out to.

Jeanne ([log in to unmask])