Hi Bill,

I have been using liquid sinemet with permax since mid-1991.  I have found
that when given with liquid sinemet there are no side effects for me.  I take
only about 2 mg daily.  I have tried to raise it to 4 mg per day, but found
it there was no therapuwutic value.

You also ask about increasing liquid sinemet since it is not as effective as
before.   There are three possible variables you can play with.  (1) the time
interval can be shortened or lengthened.  I would not suggest changing this
as timing for medication is a habit and changing in difficult  (2) change the
strength of the medication and/or change the amount of liquid consumed.
  This is the most common way and the major reason patients are using this
system.  (3) Change the amount of medications used at start up.  It could be
the patient is getting too much or too little to start and then maintained at
that level.

Let me know her current schedule of her medications.  Maybe I can help.

Regards,
Alan Bonander