I've gotten some answers from my Mom (62, dx 20) on some questions that
have been posted over the past few weeks.  I don't remember all of the
authors of the original questions, so I'm relying on you to recognize the
answers you're interested in.

1.  Cost of prescription medications: Courtesy of her retirement plan Mom
pays US$9 for a 3-month supply of each prescription she's on.  She
currently takes 2 kinds of Sinement, and Permax for a total of $27 every 3
months ($9 per month).

2.  Medications and dosages:
     Sinemet CR 50/200  every 3-4 hours
     Sinemet 25/100     1/2 pill 2-3 times a day as needed
     Permax 1mg         3 times a day
     Benedryl Pediatric Elixir 5-10ml at bedtime for sleep

3.  Someone asked if anyone had noticed that Sinemet uptake was faster when
it is taken with sweet beverages.  Mom says she hasn't noticed any effects
either way.

4.  Diabetes and PD:  My brother was a very brittle juvenile diabetic.  My
mother's brother developed diabetes late in life which is controlled by
diet. I don't know of any other confirmed cases of diabetes in our family.
(My mother is the PD patient.)

Is anyone looking into the odds of a NON-PARKINSON having a diabetic in the
family?  I don't think the survey results will tell us much unless we can
make a real comparison.

Also, if the survey is to have any validity, EVERYONE should be encouraged
to respond, ESPECIALLY if they're writing only to say that there's NO
diabetes in their family.  If people without diabetic relatives don't
respond, the survey's automatically skewed.

Thanks for listening, folks.

Doug McCorkle